1 lb. chicken breast
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup coconut milk ¼ tsp. crushed saffron soaked in ¼ cup hot water ½ cup tomato paste ½ cup crushed tomato
1 tbsp. crushed garlic ½ tsp. ground green chillies
1 tbsp. tandoori paste ½ tsp dry fenugreek leaves (methi)
2 oz butter
Salt and lemon juice to taste
1. Marinate chicken with salt and pepper. Add tandoori paste and set aside for ~ 15 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add: garlic, methi, chillies.
Then add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes & tomato paste, and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Add whipping cream, buttermilk and coconut milk. Cook for 15 minutes - until chicken is cooked and sauce is thick.
4. Add soaked saffron.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
6. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice or naan.