2 cups chora dal
1 cup moong dal.
2 small bunches of methi leaves.(chopped)
1 big onion (finely chopped)
2 tsp garlic paste.
2 tsp green chilly paste (you can even use red)
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak the two dals separately overnight.
2. Next morning wash it to remove all the peels.
3. Take out about 4 tbsp of moong dal in a bowl and grind rest with little water.
4. Grind chora dal coarsely(it shoulder be very coarse) with little water,and keep both dals in a sieve to strain water.(don't make it very dry)
5. Put both dals in a dish,add garlic paste, methi leaves, chilly paste,salt,onions and whole moong dal, mix it very well,cover and keep aside. (for best results keep dal for 6 to 7 hours and then fry,if you are in hurry then add a pinch of ENOS and fry. In cold countries,it takes long time to ferment ,so you can add ENOS,just a pinch, )
6. Heat oil ,take small portion of dal and drop it hot oil,fill the kadai, reduce heat to medium(you can increase the heat in between) and fry till golden brown.
7. Serve hot with coconut chutney. (MADE OUT OF COCONUT,RED CHILLIES ,SALT AND LEMON)
8. ALTERNATIVELY: Take bringal and slice it, cover with dal thinly ,then fry.
9. FOR CHILLY LOVERS: Take whole green chilly, cover thinly with dal and fry.
P.s you can also bake them-brush both sides with olive oil and bake in 350 degrees oven