Scrumptious sweet corn and maize flour dhoklas ready within minutes.
1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
1/2 cup sour curds
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
2 teaspoons ginger- green chilli paste
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Eno's fruit salt
2 teaspoons oil
salt to taste
For the garnish
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
For the tempering
1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 tablespoon oil
oil for greasing
1. Combine the maize flour and sour curds with 1/2 cup of warm water in a bowl. Mix well to make a
smooth batter. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. Add the sweet corn, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar, lemon juice, oil and mix well.
3. Add the fruit salt, mix gently and pour the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter thali. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Prepare the tempering by heating the oil, adding the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and
frying until the seeds crackle. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
5. Garnish with the chopped coriander. Cut into pieces and serve hot.