5 oz. Sugar
5 oz. Margarine
12 oz. Flour
10 oz. Cashew Nuts
3 Packets Dates (18 oz)
4 oz. Walnuts
1 Tsp Bicrbonate of soda
¼ Cup Cream
1¼ Cup Milk (adjust as required)
1. Mix cream, sugar and margarine until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Chop cashew nuts, dates and walnuts and mixed withed sieved flour.
3. Beat the eggs and then add to cream gradually. Mix well.
4. Add flour and chopped dates with milk and mix well.
5. Mix bicarbonate of soda with little milk. Add to the mixture. Mix well but DO NOT BEAT.
6. Put in a greased square cake tin and bake in a moderately hot oven - 400 degrees F for ½hour. Reduce heat to slow 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
Test by putting a skewer in the centre, if it comes out dry, then cake is done.