2 lbs chicken
1 Small tub yogurt
2 tsp Garlic & Ginger paste
2 large lemons
2 Large Tomatoes cubed
5 onions for frying (1/4 package of dry fried onions)
2 chicken cubes
1 small tin of tomato paste
3 to 4 gr. Chilies (slit)
6 yellow potatoes, cube & fry
1/2 bunch cilantro or "karipata" leaves which I prepare for flavor
3 tsp. Coriander powder
1 heaped tsp. jeera/cumin powder.
1 heaped tsp. black pepper powder.
6-8 cardamom ground powder
1 tsp. allspice/mixed spice
3 tablespoon Biriani Masala (Shan Sindhi Biriani)
1/2 pkg. of saffron soaked in 1/3 cup boiling water
Apply some salt, ground ginger and garlic & lemon juice to chicken (no skin) and refrigerate overnight
1. Fry meat in olive oil, add marinade, yogurt, chicken cubes, tomato cubes and paste (I add 3 tablespoon of biryani bottled masala from Indian store) and cook till tender.
2. Add dry masala and mix well
3. Lastly add green chilies, chopped cilantro , curry pata and fried potatoes, cook 3 to 4 mins.
4. Cook basmati with little salt. Cool till warm and not steaming hot.
5. Place half rice in lightly oiled dish. Top with chicken, top with fried onions, then top with rest of the rice. Drizzle the saffron liquid on top. You may top with roasted sliced almonds.