1992 125th Canada's Birthday Achievement Award
for 10 years of voluntary service to the community.
A challenging computer specialist position in a successful computer industry where creative and analytical skills can impact success of the employer and employee.
Summary Of Qualification:
Outstanding knowledge in desktop and portable computers, specialized in IBM Thinkpad. Fluent in installing, upgrading and troubleshooting hardware and software. Demonstrated motivational skills being a self starter and as a leader.
February, 1994 to February 1997
Nulogix Technical Services
- Computer Technician
- Testing and Repairing IBM Thinkpads
IBM Canada. Technical Support for Ambra US. IBM Corporate Helpdesk Support. IBM PC Support - Thinkpads
- Telephone Support for Ambra Customers - Problem determination and diagnostics for hardware and software. Dispatching Technicians to install new hardware if required.
- Support for Various Corporate Customers Winows95, Windows3.11 cc:Mail , Internet, e-mail, ftp, and Specialized Software Support etc.
- Helpdesk support for Thinkpads Notebook Computers. Configuring PCMCIA Cards, modems, floppy drive, hard drive, CD-ROM, tapebackup , printers, scanners etc.
August, 1993 to Jan 1994 Computer Fix-n-Train, Willowdale.
- Computer Maintenance- Setup, Configuration, Upgrade and Repair.
- Modem, Fax board, CD ROM, Hard drive, Memory Installation and Setup.
- Software Training - Business Applications and Installation.
- Software and Technical Support to Clients.
- CMOS Setup, Configuration and Burnin.
- Testing and Repair Computer Systems.
- Installing Hardware.
October,1992 to February, 1993 Priority Service Partners, Mississauga.
- Auditing Hardware and Software.
- Software Installation and Virus Protection.
- Examining Application for delayed registration of birth ,marriage, stillbirth or death to make certain that proper searches have been conducted before proceeding.
- Checking applications to determine whether evidence is acceptable.
- Inputting information into the computer.
- Assisting staff with computer applications.
- Corresponding with public when additional documents are required.
- Counseling customers by telephone regarding ministry programs and related legislation.
- Microcomputer Repair and Maintenance (Certificate)1992.
- PC Support Specialist (Diploma)1992.
Reference : Available upon request